... and then I randomly bought a Century

districtAERO

... and then I randomly bought a Century

Post by districtAERO »

Having scratched the kei truck itch, I decided I wanted a non-black Century. Purchased in May, arrived early August, and been getting it road-worthy since then.

Arrived misfiring, smelling like crankcase gases were escaping, engine shaking at idle, and just not happy in general. Valve cover gaskets, spark plugs, coils and coil wires, and various other air intake and PCV gaskets and hoses replaced, throttle bodies cleaned (they were filthy) and most of that has been remedied. Engine oil and diff fluid changed. More to do but its coming along...

PXL_20230801_215738144.jpg
pugwonk
Site Admin

Re: ... and then I randomly bought a Century

Post by pugwonk »

Wow, that's almost identical to my own story! I wanted a non-black one (but got a dark blue one) and it arrived with a misfire. Turned out there was a fouled plug.

Car looks great, I really like that light blue colour.
districtAERO

Post by districtAERO »

pugwonk wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:19 pm Wow, that's almost identical to my own story! I wanted a non-black one (but got a dark blue one) and it arrived with a misfire. Turned out there was a fouled plug.

Car looks great, I really like that light blue colour.
Oh nice! Yeah buying it sight unseen was a risk but it gets better by the day / fix.

Also thanks for your efforts with this forum, even though it's a small audience, it's been very helpful so far!
Eric

Post by Eric »

Congratulations! Excited to hear!

Share your experiences with us! We would love to share in your success!
1997 Toyota Century - Eternal Black <202> - Seiko Clock